Monday, May 5, 2008

First Sweater


First Sweater, originally uploaded by Mrs. Jeffrye.

I finally finished it. I just need to block it. Things I have learned after knitting this sweater:

  1. there is a better way to decrease for sleeves, and I didn't figure that out until after I did them.
  2. I can make up the pattern for the collar and it will still look fine
  3. my shoulders are broader than I think.
  4. seaming, while not terrible, is kind of bulky and ugly. Next sweater will be a seamless raglan.
  5. I am never going to enjoy sewing buttons, no matter how cute they look on Ravelry.
  6. I really, really hate sewing in ends.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It is beautiful! Congrats on finishing your first sweater!

Zaz said...

hello:)

some use a thinner yarn in a matching color to seam bulky items :) Elizabeth zimmermann said she did do it!
hope this helps.
you can back stitch to begin with, it worked for me for years, till i saw the "invisible seaming" online, but that will come in due time.